Since cloud computing entered the market, it has became the biggest thing on the internet, replacing the old hard drive technology, thereby providing storages, databases, servers, networking and more through the Internet.
A few big names have joined the cloud service providers in the world and are providing cloud services to larger and small organizations and are charging them based on their usage.
Generally, cloud computing services are categorized into three types.
1. Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
This service provides the infrastructure like Servers, Operating Systems, Virtual Machines, Networks, and Storage etc on rent basis.
Eg: Amazon Web Service, Microsoft Azure
2. Platform as a Service (PaaS)
This service is used in developing, testing and maintaining of software. PaaS is same as IaaS but also provides the additional tools like DBMS, BI services etc.
Eg: Apprenda, Red Hat OpenShift
3. Software as a Service (SaaS)
This service makes the users connect to the applications through Internet on a subscription basis.
Eg: Google Applications, Salesforce
Here are the top 5 cloud service providers in the world
1. Amazon Web Services
- AWS is the safest and protected platform of cloud service which offers a wide set of infrastructure services like database storage, computing power, networking etc.
- Using this AWS one can host the static websites.
- By using such services, users are able to build complicated applications that are trustworthy, scalable and flexible.
- One can have the hands-on experience of AWS for free.
Explore more features on Amazon Web Services
2. Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Azure is used for deploying, designing and managing the applications through a worldwide network.
- Previously Microsoft Azure was known as Windows Azure.
- This Cloud computing service supports various operating systems, databases, tools, programming languages and frameworks etc.
- Free trial version of Microsoft Azure is available for 30 days.
Explore more features on Microsoft Azure
3. Google Cloud Platform
- Google Cloud Platform uses the resources such as computers, virtual machines, hard disks etc located at Google data centers.
- Google Cloud Platform is an integrated storage used by developers and enterprises for live data.
- Apart from the free trial, this service is available at various flexible payment plans based on Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG).
Explore more features on Google Cloud Platform
4. IBM Cloud
- IBM Cloud offers Iaas, PaaS, and SaaS through all the available cloud delivery models.
- Using IBM Cloud one can have the freedom to select and unite your desired tools, data models and delivery models in designing/creating your next-generation services or applications.
- IBM Cloud is used to build pioneering way outs that can gain value for your businesses and industry.
- With IBM Bluemix Cloud platform one can incorporate highly performing cloud communications and services into your IT environment.
Explore more features on IBM Cloud
- Oracle Cloud is available as SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS. Oracle Cloud helps the companies in transforming their business quickness and reducing the IT Complexity.
- Oracle Cloud SaaS provides a complete data-driven and secure cloud environment.
- Oracle Cloud PaaS helps IT Enterprises and Independent developers to develop, connect, secure and share data across the applications.
- Oracle Cloud IaaS is a broad set of subscription based and integrated services that help to run any kind of workload of an Enterprise.
Explore more features on Oracle Cloud