Getting the Server IP Address could not be found error is one of the most annoying thing you would see when trying to visit a website. This problem often occurs in the Google Chrome web browser and it is related with DNS server settings.
The error might occur as a result of different reasons and also, the fixes works differently for different people.
When you open a web browser and launch a website, the browser contacts a DNS (Domain Name Server). This server then resolves the name of the website (www.yourdomain.com) to an IP address. Sometimes this DNS lookup fails and as a result browser fails to find the server where the requested website is located. In such cases, Google Chrome throws an error that reads like “Error 105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED): The server could not be found”. In this article explains differents steps on how to get the Server IP Address could not be found error fixed.
How To Fix “Server IP Address could Not Be Found”
Fix 1. Flush DNS
You can flush computer’s DNS by issuing simple commands given below:
Hit the start button and and type cmd in the Search box. Then press Enter key.
A black colored command prompt window will open. Type ipconfig/flushdns and press enter key
Fix 2. Change your DNS Servers
Change your internet’s DNS to use Google DNS Servers as they are very fast and reliable. Here are the steps to change your DNS server to Google:
For changing IP addresses of DNS servers:
- Go to Control Panel and click on Network and Sharing Center
- Click on the Internet connection that you’re using
- Open Properties of your Internet connection
- Double click on the Internet Protocol Version 4 (as shown in the above image)
- A new box will open. Enter 220.127.116.11 as the Preferred DNS Server
- Enter 18.104.22.168 as the Alternate DNS Server
- Check the Validate settings upon exit option
- Click OK to save the settings
Now you should restart your computer. This should solve the problem. If you still have the issue or any other fis, please hit me up in the comment section below.