The LUMIX S1R and S1 are the two new models of its first Digital Single Lens Mirrorless camera with a 35 mm full-frame image sensor. These models are equipped with the world’s first 4K 60p/50p video recording function and the Dual I.S. image stabilization system.
The key features of the LUMIX S1R and the S1.
- Expressive capabilities with high definition and high level of expression achieved with the newly developed 35 mm full-frame image sensor and image processing engine.
- World’s first support for 4K 60p/50p video recording in a full-frame Digital Single Lens Mirrorless camera.
- World’s first full-frame camera equipped with Dual I.S. (Image Stabilization), enabling handheld shots for dark or distant scenes that would previously have required a tripod or other equipment.
- A double slot for XQD memory cards and SD memory cards, the first for Panasonic and a rugged triaxial tilt LCD, emphasizing ease of use and supporting professional photography and videography.
- Leica Camera’s L-Mount, making it possible to use interchangeable lenses that meet the L-Mount specifications of the partners, Leica Camera and Sigma. Expressiveness is further enhanced by increasing options for interchangeable lenses.
Panasonic will also expand its lineup of LUMIX S series compatible lenses, developing more than ten by 2020, including a 50 mm/F1.4 single focal length lens, 24-105 mm standard zoom lens, and 70-200 mm telephoto zoom lens.