The LUMIX S1R and S1 are the two new models of its first Digital Single Lens Mirrorless camera with a 35 mm full-frame image sensor. These models are equipped with the world’s first 4K 60p/50p video recording function and the Dual I.S. image stabilization system.
The key features of the LUMIX S1R and the S1.
- Expressive capabilities with high definition and high level of expression achieved with the newly developed 35 mm full-frame image sensor and image processing engine.
- World’s first support for 4K 60p/50p video recording in a full-frame Digital Single Lens Mirrorless camera.
- World’s first full-frame camera equipped with Dual I.S. (Image Stabilization), enabling handheld shots for dark or distant scenes that would previously have required a tripod or other equipment.
- A double slot for XQD memory cards and SD memory cards, the first for Panasonic and a rugged triaxial tilt LCD, emphasizing ease of use and supporting professional photography and videography.
- Leica Camera’s L-Mount, making it possible to use interchangeable lenses that meet the L-Mount specifications of the partners, Leica Camera and Sigma. Expressiveness is further enhanced by increasing options for interchangeable lenses.
Panasonic will also expand its lineup of LUMIX S series compatible lenses, developing more than ten by 2020, including a 50 mm/F1.4 single focal length lens, 24-105 mm standard zoom lens, and 70-200 mm telephoto zoom lens.
If you liked this article, please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for tech news, reviews and video tutorials. You can also find us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.